The Higher Education Wales Information Technology group (HEWIT) is a grouping of Directors of Information Services drawn from all universities institutions across Wales.
HEWIT exists to promote excellence in the application of information systems and services in support of teaching, learning, research and administration.
Its aims are to identify best practice through:
- promoting and supporting collaboration and partnership between institutions;
- organising conferences, seminars and workshops;
- providing high-quality services and infrastructure to enable high-quality teaching and research
- informing, influencing and supporting policy making processes within institutions regarding cost-effective application of information systems and services.
- establishing groups to investigate and, where appropriate, assist with implementing broader collaborative initiatives, e.g. collaborative procurements, the Welsh Government’s PSBA (Public-Sector Broadband Aggregation) programme, Digital Strategy for Wales
- raising the profile of IT services and developments in our own institutions and within Wales.